ItNewsAfrica.com published an interesting article about the top technological trends that will have impact in Africa in 2013.
The ICT sector will play a major role within global commerce in 2013. Africa has an opportunity to leverage off these trends, possibly even leapfrog, and elevate its international ICT profile.
So what are the trends that businesses must look out for? What are the disruptive/ enabling technologies that will impact existing and emerging markets throughout the continent?
The following list presents the most significant technology trends and developments that will shape Africa’s commercial landscape this year:
1. Growing interest in e-Commerce and online trade
2. Enter the business incubator
3. International tech funds focussing on Africa
4. Impact of mobility on the workplace
5. Cloud build-up over markets
6. More broadband for long-term growth
7. Social media as Africa’s news source